When you’re feeling stuck, demotivated and stagnate, it’s hard not to feel depressed and uninspired about your job or life.
You may have education, experience and training but somehow, you are not operating at your full potential, not being utilized to your best advantage at work and your innate purpose is not apparent to you any longer much less being practiced or expressed. You’ve lost your mojo.
What do you do if you feel you have no real job security, incentive or opportunities for advancement in your current career or life path?
You reinvent, reconfigure and get a grip!
How? By listening to your heart.
I did and this is what it said:
Face your experiences head on, even if you don’t feel worthy or useful at the moment. You have a work history, a life history and you accomplished things.
Face your fears. List your skills.
Ask yourself, “What skills do I actually have?”, “What can I do?”, “What do I like to do?” Because even if you are good at something, you may not enjoy it anymore or feel inspired by it any longer. It’s important to separate the fluff from the real because to answers to these questions, you will be lead to the next ones;
“Who do I want to work for?” “What kind of people do I want to work with?”
These questions speak to your values and help you get clear on what they actually are so you can strategically match yourself with others who share a common vision in coherence with who you really are.
7 Strategies to Help you Move Out of the Funk:
To wrap up, revamp your sense of self (& your resume) take a deep breath, quiet your mind and….
- Get clear on who you are right now. People change all the time. You are not the same person you were last week. Who are you at this moment in your life? What makes you you?
- What have you learned thus far about want you truly want? – After all the bills are paid and all your material needs are met.
- Where is your heart pulling you towards?
- Write it down. When you can identify the goal, the actions steps reveal themselves.
- Have a timeline. Identify the tiny actions that you can peacefully take.
- Create a road map to move you forward to your big-picture destination.
- Identify any new skills you want to explore to enhance your current expertise.
At the end of the day, if you honestly answer these questions, you will be listening to your heart. From there, synchronicity, opportunities and doorways open.
Try it and see for yourself!