Are you motivated to create a better, more sustainable future?
Do you already possess a Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma but wonder if you should go back to school for additional training?
Are you seeking a more meaningful (and practical) hands-on way to change the world while adding a relevant edge to your resume?
Well, look no further!
Build on your previous education, work or life experience while addressing your core values. Go back to school consciously; with a sense of purpose, passion and social responsibility!
You just might love going to work every day!
Environmental & Sustainability Certificates in Ontario:
1. Environmental Visual Communication – Fleming College at University of Toronto (ROM). This program is all about visual communication and multimedia strategies to inspire environmental awareness and advocacy. There is no other program like this in Canada. If combining documentary film, digital media, storytelling, science and art sounds great to you, check this one out!
2. Applied Planning – Environmental Graduate Certificate at Fleming College. Land use, environmental planning, and integrated resource management are fields that are becoming increasingly complex, as population growth and urban & rural development threaten natural environments and natural heritage systems. Learn how environmental planning and sustainable design are used for development projects in urban and regional land use cases. Become a leader in this growing field!
- Ecosystem Restoration at Niagara College. In today’s highly industrialized world, the need to restore and manage distributed ecosystems is receiving more and more attention. Earn this graduate certificate and secure a competitive advantage in the environmental labour market including conservation authorities; municipal, provincial and federal government agencies, NGOs, engineering and consulting firms.
- Green Business Management – Seneca College. This program focuses on the long-term economic, environmental and social value of sustainable business strategy. There is a growing global need for managers with sustainability expertise to help organizations adapt to the fast changing economic and environmental realities. This could be you!
- Green Architecture – Algonquin College. This program focuses on the rapidly expanding field of alternative technologies related to eco-friendly (green) architecture. It is a great option for those who want advanced knowledge and application in the field of sustainable design. In this program you will be exposed to a specialized range of design strategies and technologies that reduce environmental impact, make buildings healthier and livable for people while achieving these goals in an economical way.
- Conservation and Environmental Law Enforcement – Fleming College. This post-graduate certificate appeals to people who enjoy outdoor pursuits, and who have a balanced approach to consumption and conservation. This certificate teaches about regulating the use of natural resources, and accountability for activities that have an adverse effect on the environment. You will learn about procedural law, fish and wildlife enforcement, lands and environmental law, investigation techniques, forensics, and conflict management and avoidance theory.
- Energy Management – Built Environment – Seneca College. Turn your training in engineering and life sciences into a successful career in Canada’s environmental sector. Through eight-months of intensive training you will receive environmental training in building systems and energy management. As a graduate you will be able to examine building structures and systems, create operating strategies for energy demand and supply, and minimize operating costs and environmental impact within a building sciences engineering team!
- Environmental Control– Sheridan College. With the growth of environmental management and regulation, the demand for environmental professionals has never been higher. At Sheridan, learn about environmental laws and regulations, air pollution, energy and climate-change issues, current methods of sampling, analyzing and treating air, water, solid waste and hazardous waste streams and be part of the solution!
- Sustainable Agriculture Co-op – Fleming College. This program is designed for new and beginners farmers seeking an intensive, applied learning experience in sustainable, ecological or natural farming methods. Learn to develop your own business case and farm plan while focusing on the principles and practices of sustainable agriculture and small farm operations and viability.
- Sustainable Building Design – Fleming College. This program was the first of it’s kind in Canada! It’s 20 weeks and based out of Haliburton Campus with an intensive, hands-on experience where up to 26 students from across Canada will construct a new sustainable building showcasing green building technologies and new energy-saving techniques. This certificate is not a post-graduate one but I had to include it here because it was so exciting! Who knows, it might be perfect for you or someone you know!
Not sure which program to choose, how to apply or where to begin?
- Need Help Applying?
- Have questions about OCAS? OSAP?
- Are you an ADULT LEARNER who has been out of school for a while?
- New to Ontario and not sure where to begin?
Contact me for guidance and support.
I am here to support your dreams.